Browse - Computer Tips - Linux: what are some hardware analysis tools?
Q. Linux: what are some hardware analysis tools?
- The `inxi` command is a general tool
- smartmontools package which includes `badblocks` command.
- GSmartControl (Gnome)
- disKMonitor (KDE)
- Gnome Disk Utility (Gnome)
Hard Disk Parameters
- `hdparm` command can:
- test thruput
- reduce power consumption
- assign passwords
- Can test memory, run it from a boot disk
- The `hardinfo` gives details about all hardware in a GUI
- `checkbox` can test hardware components
- The `stress` command will push things to the limits, if you want
Based on an article in December 2017 Linux Magazine, page 24.