Programming Tips - What has changed in Windows Vista?
OS: Windows Vista
Q. What has changed in Windows Vista?
A. Here are some changes I have noticed:
- Of course, there is the new "Aero" theme (look). You need to change your
old programs to use it.
- A combo box with CBS_DROPDOWNLIST looks more like a button than
a combo box and this may confuse users. Short term solution:
turn off Aero for those controls. Long term solution: use the new
split button (but this isn't backwards compatible)
- Globally shared memory needs to start with "Global\"
- Controls are not sent a WM_UPDATEUISTATE message when they start.
Changes in Visual Studio 2005:
- Compiler is more strict about signs, const, etc
- time_t is now 64 bits.
- AfxGetMainWnd() doesn't work
- CWinApp::m_nDisablePumpCount is gone